How do we get our garden from winter to spring? PREPARATION!
How do you know if your soil is ready for spring? If it is too soggy or frozen, it can harm the structure. Therefore, grab a handful and squeeze… it should fall apart, NOT form a mud ball.
The transition from winter to spring can be daunting, especially when it comes to garden preparation. However, we have the tools to keep the experience positive and easy! And as always, you will find the perfect deals on our website.
Follow the below checklist for garden success!
Step 1: Get your tools in order
- Sharpen, Clean & Oil
- Pre-assemble structures
- Inventory (Merge/Purge)
Step 2: Clear Debris
- Use our Ultimate Hori Tool
- Dispose of debris in our Collapsible Bucket
Step 3: Get a Soil Test
- Ph Testing is done to see how acidic or alkaline your dirt is. (pH means potential Hydrogen).
- Contact your County Extension Office
Step 4: Prep Soil
- Build fertility
- Manure/Organic Matter
- Loosen the soil from compacted snow, rain or debris (Our Dirty Little Digger is a PERFECT tool for this!)
Step 5: Grow Seedlings Inside
- Use egg carts
- Plastic cups
- Proper light and water
Step 6: Create a Planning Calendar
- Here’s an example:
And as always, you will find the perfect deals on our website!